I highly encourage you to read this letter from Glenn Beck to the people regarding the reprehensible behavior on Saturday January 8th by the terrorist Jared Lee Loughner.
After that, please join me in taking his pledge.
- I denounce violence, regardless of ideological motivation.
- I denounce anyone, from the Left, the Right or middle, who believes physical violence is the answer to whatever they feel is wrong with our country.
- I denounce those who wish to tear down our system and rebuild it in their own image, whatever that image may be.
- I denounce those from the Left, the Right or middle, who call for riots and violence as an opportunity to bring down and reconstruct our system.
- I denounce violent threats and calls for the destruction of our system – regardless of their underlying ideology – whether they come from the Hutaree Militia or Frances Fox Piven.
- I hold those responsible for the violence, responsible for the violence. I denounce those who attempt to blame political opponents for the acts of madmen.
- I denounce those from the Left, the Right or middle that sees violence as a viable alternative to our long established system of change made within the constraints of our constitutional Republic.
To any on the left or right who ridicule Mr. Beck, I do not understand you. Admittedly, he has said some colorful things in the past, but when you look at the whole of his message, you see that his intentions are good. Recently, his actions speak volumes about who he is. His show is currently focused on making America a better place by challenging every individual to make their own life better. It is also focused on encouraging people to use their individual talents to improve America. Our political climate is full of little children who fashion themselves as adults. Mr. Beck, as much as people want him to be, is not one of those children.
I challenge you to watch Mr. Beck and make your own judgements. He is not who you may think him to be.